Current slate of training:
All new members as well as new daily shooters are required to view our mandatory course safety video program. You will review each of the fundamentals of course's safety protocols as well as how each and every member is essentially, a Range Officer. In addition, the club's charter and by-laws are covered. A short test is given and graded.
End of Session:
Return to top.
This training will put the participant through the aspects of safety as well as the legal issues surrounding the duties and responsibilities associated with carrying a concealed weapon.
For the time and date of the next class, call the club at 904.771.2937
Normally it is the First Saturday of the month.
· CLASS STARTS AT 8:30 AM. BE PROMPT.
· EYE AND HEARING PROTECTION STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. BE PREPARED AS YOU ARRIVE.
YOU WILL BE ASKED TO PROVIDE YOUR DRIVER LICENSE AS YOU ENTER SO WE CAN BE CERTAIN THE TRAINING CERTIFICATE HAS YOUR NAME EXACTLY AS PRESENTED ON THE LICENSE.
1. You must bring a handgun. No firearms or live ammunition are allowed in the class area. Secure firearm and ammunition in your vehicle.
2. You will need a minimum of 20 rounds of proper ammunition. Factory ammunition strongly suggested. "Reloads" may vary in specifications.
3. Shooting exercise:
B. Firing line exercise:
LINE COMMANDS FOR THE THREE STAGES OF SHOOTING: EACH OF THE THREE STAGES WILL FOLLOW THESE COMMANDS:
1. The command "with five rounds, load" means to put five rounds in the magazine for autoloaders, and five rounds into the cylinder of revolvers.
DO NOT INSERT MAGAZINE OR CLOSE CYLINDER until line staff has observed the proper loading of each handgun.
2. The command "with five rounds, charge" means to insert the loaded magazine and chamber a round. Revolvers will have the cylinders closed and indexed. Muzzle discipline is mandatory.
3. The command "commence fire" means you may shoot at (your) target.
THE THREE STAGES OF SHOOTING, WHAT WILL BE DONE AT EACH STAGE.
1. The first five rounds make up the first stage: this will be done slowfire, at your pace. You will be observed and coached as needed.
When you are through with the five rounds, make your handgun SAFE, (as defined above) do not touch it until the next stage.
2. The second stage will be five rounds, slowfire, each shot from "low ready" position. "Low ready" means the gun will be resting on the front of the bench, with you holding it in your firing grip, trigger finger out of the trigger guard. Each shot will be executed by raising the gun to the target, firing your shot, removing finger from trigger guard and returning gun to rest on the bench.
This will be done at your pace. When through, make your gun SAFE, do not touch it until the next stage.
3. The third stage will be "cadence fire". "Cadence fire" means one shot every two seconds, or five shots in ten seconds. Do not fall into the trap of "hysterical fire" and rush your shots.
THAT DOES IT. MAKE YOUR GUN SAFE or CASE IT, STEP BEHIND THE RED LINE. AFTER THE LINE IS INSPECTED AND CALLED "COLD", YOU WILL BE TOLD TO GO FORWARD AND RETRIEVE YOUR TARGET/CARDBOARD. Once everyone is back, the group will remove their gear from the firing line.
You get the target, we get the cardboard.
Bring your target and certificate to the class instructor for review and signature of your certificate.
Return to top.